Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Choices & Sacrifices

Just on Friday, my boss had requested dat i shld come back during my 2nd mth maternity leave to attend a 1-week training course in Hong Kong. I was flabbergasted indeed!! Wat kind of boss wld hv been so insensitive to actually ask her employee to come back for work in the middle of her ML??!

I had strongly believed dat my postpartum days, which is during my ML, shld be a time of nursing myself back to good health, & also a very special time for me to bond with my newborn. Besides, Bebe & i hv resoluted to adopt the Parent-Directed Feeding (PDF) method once our baby is born, & so we wld be expecting, hopefully as much as possible, to see a happy, healthy baby being able to sleep well thru the night by 8 weeks or so... yet with this travelling schedule of mine, i might possibly interrupt our planned schedule for our baby! :(

And other things to tink abt wld be whether to continue expressing my breastfeed milk while i'm overseas; hw i'm gonna keep my BF milk frozen during dat 1 whole week; & then check-in at the airport all the frozen BF milk bottles, with dry-ice or ice-packs, back into Spore!! Sounds like a logistic nightmare to me!! :-/

However, this is my job afterall, & it's really difficult for me to turn down my boss again, especially i hv oredi rejected her request before during my 5th mth pregnancy to travel to Vietnam for a work conference. The reason being dat i had been very unwell during my 1st trimester, was hospitalised, & even ordered to hv complete bedrest for 1 whole mth, so i felt dat it was wiser for me not to risk my baby's health juz for the sake of my job.

But it's really juz too many difficult choices to make within a short span of 6mths into my pregnancy. There's definitely gonna be more sacrifices to make sooner or later, but ultimately, wat's my choice gonna be?

O Lord, pls guide me & give me the wisdom to make the best decision in all situations. Amen...

No comments: