Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 27, 2008

A Gift of Life :)

Just last Sat, Bebe & I started attending the Childbirth Education Course conducted by Thomson Medical Centre (TMC) where we plan to hv our little Matthew delivered :)

The course duration will last for 6 weeks, including 1 Doctor’s Talk.

Our 1st lesson was on Physical & Mental Preparation which covered topics like:
- Antenatal Exercise
- Nutrition Before & After Delivery
- Myths & Traditions
- Coping with Pregnancy Discomfort
- Back Care & Postures
- Instructional Video
- Q & A

Was really glad dat we signed up for this course since I cld learn some useful tips on sleeping & sitting positions, as well as some simples exercises & massages which Bebe cld do for me to relieve me of my achings!! :) And dat’s exactly wat he’d done for me for the past few days cos I’ve been aching badly in my knee caps & started limping oredi… tink I’ve put on “extreme weight” & it’s a big strain on my legs & feet… *sobz*

And ohh!! Another great thing abt having signed up for this TMC antenatal course is dat we’ve got MORE FREEBIES again!! :p There’s Philips Avent milk bottle, baby moisturising lotion, baby body & hair wash samples, a set of sea animals teethers from Dumex, & finally, some sample packs of Dumex Mamil milk formula for preggy mummy!! :p


And yday, Bebe & I decided to give our little baby a precious “gift of life” – we’ve signed up for a CordLife plan whereby our baby’s cordblood wld be kept by the private cordblood bank for 21 yrs! :) Although it’s quite a costly plan (about $5.5K for 21 yrs’ storage), we believe in the benefits of keeping the cordblood… it’s almost just like a “medical insurance” to us ;)

And so, after signing the CordLife agreement, the lady in-charge gave me this CordLife box which contains the tubes & stuff for the collection of my baby’s cordblood during the childbirth process… & which I MUST remember to pack this into my bag when I rush down to hospital for my baby’s delivery!! Hahaha!!! :D

No comments: