Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Naming Our Baby :)

Bebe & I had a very, very difficult time recently… trying to think of a good Chinese name for our baby boy!! :p

Due to my super-limited Chinese vocabulary, I really had a hard time trying to brainstorm the best Chinese characters to name our baby! Bebe had initially wanted a particular Chinese character, but I cld not agree with him, so in the end we had to continue our search for the next Best Name!

Fortunately, thanks to a newfound fren who recommended me a book on Chinese Names, Bebe & I managed to get some insights on how to name our baby – mostly depending on our hopes & desires for our child, as dat wld affect the way we name him.

There were several examples of nice-sounding and good-meaning names in dat book, but Bebe & I did not strictly follow the book cos we still want our baby’s name to be really special & personal to us.

So I asked my dearest hubby 1 question: Wat do u really desire to see in our son? And once he cld tell me dat, I began to search for our baby’s name in our all-time favorite book – The Holy Bible!! :)

While searching & picking out the “best” Chinese characters from the bilingual Chinese-English bible which we’ve borrowed from our dearest fren Paul, I prayed to God: O Lord, please give us a good name to name this child, for this child belongs to You!

And guess wat? God answered our prayers!! :)

Before the night was over, we’ve managed to form a few good names from the bible verses… & also having a special preference over a particular one! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!

But since there's still abt 3 more mths before our baby's arrival, Bebe & I shall continue to ponder on these names & perhaps see if there’s any more special prompting from the Lord! ;)

No comments: