Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

More of "Shopaholic"... & Motherhood :)

A week has passed since Bebe bought for me the Sophie Kinsella’s “Shopaholic & Baby”, & by my faithful reading, I’ve finished the entire book by last night!! :D

To be frank, I’ve tot of Becky (the lead character) as totally “bimbo-ish” & absolutely only interested in SHOPPING & nothing else! But somehow, by the time I’ve reached the end of the book, I cldn’t resist wantin’ to catch up on the story before this book, which is abt Becky getting married to Luke! And 1 more “incentive” for me to buy another of Sophie Kinsella’s books – there’s a 1-for-1 offer for her “Shopaholic” series at the Popular bookstore!! I was totally hooked, so yday I’ve got for myself these 2 brand new books:

"Shopaholic Ties The Knot"


"The Undomestic Goddess"


Nw, if going by my rate of 1 book per week, I shd be able to finish reading these 2 books before Matthew arrives by 3 Sep 08!! :)

Anyway, talkin’ abt Matthew, I’ve been waitin’ so impatiently for him to arrive! I kn the entire pregnancy process takes up to 40 – 42 weeks maximum, but by nw, it oredi felt like forever!! Being in 3rd trimester ain’t easy, as by nw, I’ve fully BLOOMED & my tummy can completely “hide” my feet from my top-down view. My poor feet have also become so swollen they looked like pig’s trotters to me. I was feelin’ absolutely sorry for myself the other night I felt like sobbing (sounds like a preggy woman’s hormones workin’!!) :p And not juz dat. I had to get up abt 2 – 3 times EVERY night to pee as the bladder can’t hold, so dat’s an average of abt 2 – 2.5hrs of sleep per slot, before I cld crawl back to bed to continue my sleep, & before I kn it, the alarm clock cruelly buzzes at 7.15am sharp & I had to force myself outta bed within the next 15mins. And oh yes, not forgettin’ the TOTALLY, NERVE-WRECKING backaches I hv which only by lying down in bed, plus some comforting massages from dearest hubby, cld help ease abit of the unspeakable pain.

But, juz a single thought of my cutest, most adorable, most handsome, most clever, most (whatever!) Matthew soon to be born & embraced in my bosom, I juz can’t help smilin’ & feelin’ good abt it.

Motherhood wld be totally great :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just 2 more weeks or so! The back-aching times would be over before you know it (& then it would be breast feeding times!).

Sounds like you love the shopaholic series. Pls lend me one to try it!

Tracy said...

Yeah!! I wld love to breastfeed!! Cld be fun!! :D Lucky bb got no teeth to BITE!! Hahaha!! :p

Yes! The Shopaholic series not too bad!! I'll lend it to u since i've got so many nw!! :D

bearlyn said...

I too feel that I'm pregnant 'forever'.. hehe.. you are not alone =)

Our babies are on the way..! Let's look forward to meeting our little ones! All these that we are going thru are worth the while =)